Population: 38 million
Main Religion: Roman Catholic
Thank you: Dziękuję Ci
Dates in the country
Start of September 2017
Poland’s climate can be described as a temperate climate with relatively cold winters and warm summers, which is greatly influenced by oceanic air currents from the west, cold polar air from Scandinavia and Russia, as well as warmer, sub-tropical air from the south.
- January 1st New Year’s day
- January 6th Epiphany Day
- March/April Easter
- May 1st Labour day
- May 3rd Constitution Day
- May 15th Pentecost Sunday
- May 26th Corpus Christi
- August 15th Assumption Day
- November 1st All Saint’s day
- November 11th Independence Day
- December 25th Christmas Day
- December 26th St Stephens Day
Australian and New Zealand passport holders planning a visit to any of the 28 Member States of the EU do not require a visa if their stay is no longer than 90 days in a six month period within the EU.
UK part of EU
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Malaria: No
Rules of the Road
- Maximun speed: 50 kmh in towns from 5 AM to 11 PM and 60kmh from 11 PM to 5 AM, 90 kmh outside urban areas, 110 kmh on dual carriageways and 130 kmh on motorways
- Permitted alcohol content in blood is 0.2 promilles.
- Head lights must be used all year long.
- Foreign drivers can use a driving license from their home country or an international driving license for up to six months after entering Poland.
- Seatbelts must be worn by both front seat and back seat passengers and it is prohibited to use hand-held mobiles while driving.
- Cars must be equipped with a fire extinguisher, a first-aid kit and a hazard-warning and reflexive triangle.
- Drive right side of the road.
- Carnet not required however may be needed for Australian registered car.
Places to Visit
- Gdansk – visit friends
A detailed route showing where we went overlanding and exploring. We jotted down the routes we travelled on a physical map which travelled with us from Australia to the UK, then transferred this to a digital form using Google Maps (KML and GeoRSS Layers)
These are exact appropriations, maps differ between brands and converting from paper to digital may lose some details in translation. This should still show in great detail our route.